Summer is almost over. So fire up your BBQ as much as you can. Here is a recipe that will leave you dreaming of the ocean and an endless summer.
Name: BBQ Oysters
Difficulty: 8 out of 10
Prep time: 45 mins.
Ingredients: Large Unshelled Oysters( I get them from Costco), two or three eggs, tapioca powder, bread crumbs, dried italian seasoning, cajun seasoning, black pepper, Himalayan salt.
- Rinse and pat dry oysters with paper towel. Leave aside.
- Make an egg wash with beaten eggs and one teaspoon of tapioca powder. Dilute tapioca powder in a bit of cold water. This will help the egg to stick to oyster.
- In a large bowl, make a mixture with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- dip oysters in egg wash and then immediately roll it in dry mixture. Make sure you coat both sides of oyster well.
- Skew oysters on two BBQ skewers. This is important if you want the oysters to stay in one piece.
- Place skewers of oysters on grill and grill on medium low heat for 7 mins per side.
- Plate and serve with other pub affairs such as chicken wings or ribs. Goes well with light beer, cider or white wine.
The main challenge lies in keeping the oyster presentable after cooking. A clean grill and low heat will keep the coating solid. If you have a clamp grill that will work better than skewers.
Enjoy the rest of summer and enjoy good food with family and friends.
Click Follow at top right to receive weekly blog updates. Share the love by clicking share buttons below.