Sweet Lotus Root
Everyone heard of lotus flowers. Do you know that the root of the flower is edible? Here is a recipe for a dessert dish that is sure to delight.
Name: Sweet Lotus Root
Difficulty: 7.5 out of 10
Ingredients: one lotus root (round and large), 5 dried dates, 1 cup of glutinous rice, 3 teaspoons of red sugar (not brown sugar), half a chunk of yellow rock sugar, sugared rose petals.
- Soak rice in water for 30 mins. Clean and peel lotus root.
- Cut one end of lotus root in a 45 degree angle. Save the piece.
- Stuff rice into the holes of the lotus root. Use chopsticks to push the rice.
- After the holes are filled with rice cap it with the cut off piece. Secure with toothpicks.
- Boil lotus root in water with red sugar, dates for 1 hr 20 mins. Make sure it is submerged.
- Remove lotus root and let it cool in fridge for 30 mins.
- Slice into the lotus root in long smooth motions and place each slice in a spiral pattern on large flat plate.
- Dress with either Gui Flower Syrup or Sugared Rose petals. Serve chilled.
Click “Follow” at top right to get fresh ideals weekly. Share the love by clicking sharing buttons below.